I thought this essay was well written and had a fair amount of logic to it.

You refuted very little of Mr. Lees' work. You offered mostly platitudes.

In the past decade, I have observed supposedly conservative thinkers really being less able to explain their position any more. Just platitudes like "socialism is bad". End of debate!!!!!!

For example, Mr. Lee proffered that 3% of welfare in USA is fraudelent. I have heard similar figures over the years. Is your position that there is a lot more fraud? If so, how much more? Or is your position that because of the 3%, should we discard the whole social assistance program--and put the other 97% on the street?

Experince tells me that today's conservative thinkers don't want this kind of discussion.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store