The Russian Psyche
Last spring, I started writing an article about the Russian psyche. This article got quite long. So I divided it into four parts, which turned into four separate Medium articles. Here are the four articles:
To summarize these articles:
- The Russians have a psyche that allows them to justify the conquering and subjugation of other ethnic groups.
- This psyche was created by their historical leaders. It was there before the Soviet times. The western efforts to bring post-Soviet Russia to a better state of mind have not worked.
- The Russian leaders and the Russian people reinforce each other. The Russian people get their superiority complex; the Russian leaders get to rule without much check-and-balance.
- We in the “wiser” west should not assume we are not affected in a similar way. We too have our own national psyches. These psyches are not great for ourselves, our nation, and the world. We are capable of becoming like the Russians.
- Yet we can become wiser. If we want.
Follow Dave & the TDG on Mastodon: