This Umair article is a little over the top. Well, actually, it is a lot over the top.
By Umair’s own definition, USA has been in a fascist society for a very long time:
- Enough harassment of Americans who favored the English king over Independence to force those Americans to immigrate to Upper Canada.
- Forced expropriation of lands held by Native Americans.
- Forced slavery of Africans.
- More forced expropriation of lands held by Native Americans.
- Forced annexation with the Kingdom of Hawaii.
- Institutionalized racism (much more in the past than today).
- Forced internment of Japanese Americans.
- Big Business and Big Government plowing through communities in the 1950s and 1960s in the name of “progress.” And probably before 1950.
- And a whole bunch of other things.
Umair hints of a Golden Age in America, when there were no fascists. I would like to know when that happened.
Last week, I published a Medium article that gave my hypothesis about the real reason for the impeachment process (Hint: it is not about ousting the current president). So far, only four readers. The Medium algorithms seem to favor Umair’s dystopia over my out-of-the-box perspectives and solutions.
What does that say about Umair’s readers?